So, I have a new sponsor, who is taking me through the Emotions Anonymous (EA) steps and she had me write out what I believe about Godde and my relationship with Godde. This is what I wrote. I've already written out many of these things in my postings, but I thought it was interesting to see them together in list form.
The Way I View Godde
- I relate to the female image.
- I use Goddess imagery. In fact, my image of Godde is the Goddess of Willendorf:
We are all Godde's children.
- Godde is LOVE.
- Godde is within me and in relationship with me.
- Godde is mysterious.
- Godde is with me in everything I do and feel.
- Godde is change. This view is brought to you by Octavia E. Butler's EarthSeed books and Monica A. Coleman. (Monica, I hope I can say that about you. If not, let me know.)
- Godde experiences what we experience.
- Godde is all that we are-Godde is a poor man with AIDS as She is a struggling young woman in recovery as He is a wealthy movie star.
- Godde is the force continually working on our behalf and is always urging us to follow the better, more constructive way.
- Godde is Complete Compassion.
- Godde understands pain, YET...
- Godde urges us to grow, which although it involves intensely painful moments, Godde does NOT desire us to live in misery.
- I do NOT believe it is our job to be good enough in order to make it to the Kingdom of Heaven, but instead to help bring about Godde's Kindom to Earth.
- Godde is Not nice or want us to be nice, but wants us to instead grow, change, and be fully real and authentic to our true Godde-given selves.
I have gotten really depressed lately, because I have forgotten what I believe. The trauma that I have recently experienced caused me to forget, as I drowned in the sorrow of what happened. I need to read this everyday to remind myself that Godde is Real and really does desire my healing, not my misery. I hope this helps you too.