I made Country Apples from the book, Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly, by Phyllis Pellman Good and they were fabulous!
4-5 cups apples, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Raisins
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2/3 cup Dry Oatmeal, rolled or quick
1 cup Water
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1. Coat apples in flour and white sugar. Stir in raisins, cinnamon, and oatmeal.
2. Pour water into slow cooker. Add apple mix.
3. Pour melted butter over apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
5. Serve over vanilla frozen yogurt, or spread it on flat bread, or both. I did!